Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Pat's Zonky Plonky Quilt!

Ho Ho Ho, Merry Christmas!  Too early???  I think possibly.  However, I have HEAPS of customer quilts that need finishing ready for Christmas.  This one, is Pat's.  Pat attended one of my classes at Button Tree Quilts, and asked me to quilt this one for her.

Sometimes a name just pops out, and frankly, this one needed to be called Zonky Plonky!  I dont know why, it just does :)

Anyway I digress.....
Before (Sorry about the awful photo!)
I chose to echo quilt the large appliques, and then stipple around them inside their blocks.
After  (again sorry about the dreadful photos)

 This is what the Butterfly looks like, front and back.  The double echo quilting makes the quilt almost reversible!

 I wanted to use a whimsical and cartoon-y sashing and border design, so I chose to use the spiral ornaments design.  I love this design, and it fits perfectly with the cartoon nature of the quilt.  I used another of my favourite designs in the 1st border: jigsaw stipple.



 The reverse of the quilt is lots of fun.  You can clearly see the animal appliques!

I really enjoyed quilting this quilt. 

I hope you enjoy reading my posts.  Please feel free to leave me comments, I love reading them - even the spam ones offering me half price medicines!

Happy quilting

Rachelle x



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for wanting to leave a comment. I love reading them all. Rachelle x