Sunday, October 7, 2012

Making a quilt for a poorly nephew

What do you do when your nephew is poorly?  Make him a  quilt of course!  My gorgeous nephew is besotted with Thomas The Tank Engine, so I made him a quick train quilt.  I wanted something that would double as a bed or a floor play quilt.  so....

I took 1 yard of this fabric
http://www.hancocks-paducah.com/ItemImages/Large/wp67187729.jpg

















 added some borders (1 yard of each - the red cut at 3 inches and the black at 6 inches)..











and finally, a heap of random stippling before sewing on a binding!

A perfect quilt to play trains, cars, trucks or to sleep under.

I know he will love it!

Happy piecing

Rachelle x

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the auspicious writeup. It in fact was a amusement account it.

    Look advanced to far added agreeable from you!
    By the way, how can we communicate?
    My web site > funnymariogames

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for wanting to leave a comment. I love reading them all. Rachelle x